#ReachingRnR and Breastfeed Blog and Vlog Contest
Maya Angelou stated, “There is no greater agony then bearing an untold story inside you.”
Breastfeeding Mothers (Blog)
With those words in mind, reflect on your birthing and breastfeeding experience and succinctly describe your journey related to one of the following areas:
1. Your birthing/breastfeeding ‘star’ (who helped and encouraged you),
2. Your challenges and/or how your birthing/breastfeeding experience was
3. Your birthing triumphs
4. Your breastfeeding triumphs
This is a blog of 400 words or less. Please check grammar and spelling before submitting
Include a picture of mother, (parents), child and birthing or lactation star.
Lactation Supporters/Birth Workers (Vlog)
With Maya Angelou’s words in mind, please record a 2-minute Vlog about your lactation/birthing support journey as a woman of color.
1. Getting Started in the field
2. Mentor, or lack of mentors
3. Why you choose to be a birth worker or lactation provider
4. How does the current BF landscape and/or birthing landscape motivate you/or not?
5. What can be done to increase WOC in the field? What can be done to increase birth workers in your community?
Include a picture and bio of 100 words